Sunday, February 15, 2009

February February Quite Contrary.

Sorry for the lame title. I just thought I would rant about random things and occurrences.

I was in the basement of the Benson building and this girl asked another girl: "How do you do this?" This was in reference to operating a vending machine. Wow. She was unsure if you put in the money before or after you got the food.

Last week I was grading labs in the physiology lab and the class was doing really well. People were getting 38/40 as the lowest score. The way the lab grades work, this is a perfectly fine score to get an A for the lab, like easily. Anyways, this girl is retaking the class to try and get 100 percent to improve her grade enough to get into the Nursing program. So, she just wrote down her answers from the last time she did the lab and reanswered the ones she got wrong. Is reanswered a word? My auto correct is underlining it... Anyways, this girl gets a 39/40 on her lab and I hand it back to her. I then went around to ask if people had any questions about the lab they were working on, she said no, but she had a question about the one I had just graded. She was obviously bugged. Anyways, she points out a question that she got wrong and tried to explain that she was actually right, but no, she was just wrong. It was for a half point too! I explained that to her and she was persistant in her complaining. Again, I explained that her answer was incorrect. In fact, she just restated the quesiton as her answer. She became flustered and started raising her voice still trying to get this half point. I knew I was right (I had a key) and I had checked with the TA so I wasn't having any of it. Then she packs up her stuff and storms out of the lab. I bet she was a Freshman. An upperclassman wouldn't freak out about a half point in a lab that is really pretty easy. Grades just don't matter enough to freak out about.

Last friday I went to a dance party at the Riviera. It got shut down by the police around 10:45 because someone had made a noise complaint. Who the heck calls the police about noise on a Friday night in a college town on a holiday weekend? Seriously.

Well I don't really have many new youtube videos, but I hadn't even seen this one. I love this one.



That's all for now.

3 comments:

Kellee Marie Cook said...

Is this real life?

Matt Gill said...

That is real life. Some people are ridiculous, no?

Rachel said...

Best youTube video eveeerrrrrr.....
ps, there is more evidence on who called the cops.