Saturday, February 28, 2009

People Are Funny

I just feel a slight need to share my experiences with people in the last few days.

On Wednesday, I had just finished an intramural water polo game and was changing into my jeans in the locker room. I am in the last row of lockers and then I hear this sort of grunting. I look over and this really skinny shirtless guy is flexing in one of the mini mirrors. That was funny on its own, but then gets really into it and starts saying motivating things to himself like "Oh, yeah!", "That's what I'm talkin bout!", and my favorite "This is what we are working for!". Who is "we"? As he is saying this he is hitting his chest and gritting his teeth. This whole time, I am the only other person in the last row of lockers and I am positive that he didn't notice me. I was wishing so hard that he wouldn't because if he looked at me it would have been really really awkward. Also, I wouldn't have been able to hold in my laughter. Thankfully, he stopped and went somewhere else to change or finish his pep talk.

Today I was at the gym and two people just made my day. First, there was a kind of older guy. He wasn't super old, like 40ish, and he was really built. That kind of intimidates me usually to be working out next to a built guy like that, but for some reason I wasn't intimidated because of his shirt. It had a picture of a fetus, literally a fetus, like from an ultrasound, and the words "ABORTION KILLS CHILDREN!" Also, the shirt was pukey olive green color. Not that abortion is funny, but just the fact that this was his workout shirt made my day brighter.

The other person at the gym was this high-school aged girl. She was pretty normal in her attire, workout pants, billabong t-shirt, whatever. But, her hair was crazy! It was in these strange braides (spelling?) that stuck straight out of her head. There were like twenty of them, each coming from a small sqaure of scalp. It looked like Weird Al's "Bad Hair Day" album cover. (See below) However, this girl's hair was way more disorganized than Al's. Again, this wouldn't be that strange to see at the mall, or Denny's, or Wal-Mart, but at the gym it was really funny to see.


What is this?!

1 comment:

Kellee Marie Cook said...

hahahah!! these encounters are soo funny. People like that make my day. no, my life. love it!