Tuesday, August 17, 2010

50th post! Woohoo!

To bad I don't have that much important stuff to talk about on such a momentous blog post. haha

So Sunday was my birthday. I went up to Highland, UT and ate dinner at the Otteson's house. They are so nice and fun to hang out with. As always, the food was great. Rachel made these cake ball things too, which were way too good. They are baked cake mixed with frosting that are dipped in chocolate. I am sure they are low calorie. :P

Since my birthday was on a Sunday, it was pretty low key, but really most of my birthdays are low key. I usually just want to go out to eat or have a dinner. I think that really speaks to how much I value food. Going out to eat is such a good time for me.

Speaking of going out to eat, I went to a little place called The Tree Room on Friday night for Katy Allen's graduation dinner. For those who don't know, Katy is my cousin in-law. I am staying with Katy and Mark right now because I don't have a place to live right now. The Colony kicked me out on Friday and The Promenade wont let me move in until they clean the carpets or something. Hopefully I will be able to move in soon. At the very latest, I'll be moved in on the 26th, I think. They said they will call me when I am able to move in. Anyways, back to The Tree Room. The Tree Room is a really nice restaurant that is part of the Sundance Resort. Here is the menu. I had the pepper steak. It was spicy and really good. I want that tonight now since I am reminiscing on it. I think it was a super nice place, but it was slightly overpriced. The portions were perfect though.

Well I don't really have that much else to report on. I am excited for Fall semester to start and I am glad that it will go at a slower pace. There will be a lot more things going on, but I will have more time to do things.

On a side note, I am trying to get some volunteer experience at a hospital and/or get involved with some mentored research. If anyone has any hookups, suggestions, or anything, let me know!

On another side note, here are some funny pictures.

Picture 20
This is a disturbing side bar ad.

16849_270666345818_512255818_3599634_7948532_n
haha, so weird.

4457557121_502a435be0
I found this via the Omg, wtf subs blog on threadless.

No comments: