Thursday, July 29, 2010

"10 Ways Threadless Has Shaped My Life"

As pretty much all of you know. I am into Threadless in a big way. I have learned a little self control so I wouldn't call it an addiction, but it has become a big part of my life. Whenever I have some down time, I check my email, I check my facebook, I check my twitter, and I check the Threadless blogs. Aside from being part of my routine sites that I check, I really believe that Threadless has changed me as a person. I have compiled this list to show exactly that: How Threadless has shaped my life.

1.) First of all, Threadless make me look super cool. I have tons of tee-shirts and a few sweatshirts with awesome art on them. I really feel like I am sort of acting like a canvas when I wear a Threadless tee. The tees gets random compliments, causes people to ask questions, and starts conversations. To me, that is really what art is.

2.) Threadless tees have started random relationships for me. In my Anatomy class, I study with this girl almost everyday. We didn't even know each other until she commented on my shirt that said "America Kind of Looks Like a Shark or Something." I am actually a really shy person when I first meet strangers, but once I find something we can talk about, it is a huge icebreaker. After I told her where I got my shirt, we really got talking and found out we have the same birthday. It is kind of amazing that I have become such good friends and gotten so comfortable around her in just one term. I likely would have never had a conversation with this girl beyond two sentences, if I didn't have such cool tee-shirts.



3.) Threadless tees have taught me that I have a really long torso. I have gotten American Apparel tees and Threadless brand tees from Threadless (along with other brands) and I discovered that Threadless brand tees are shorter and don't cover my back that well. If I bend over to pick something up, my tramp stamp is exposed to the world! Just kidding, I am waaaaay to indecisive to get a tattoo. Also, if I were to get a tattoo it would be on my face, DUH! Anyways, American Apparel tees are much longer and I like that. It's slimming. :)

4.) I have a great Threadless-dar now. I have this awesome ability to pick out Threadless tees in a big crowd. This isn't super useful, but I get a great satisfying feeling that makes me giggle like a child inside, sometimes outside. :P

5.) I have a better artistic eye. I have always loved art and art galleries and art museums, but Threadless has such a unique exposure to art that is graphically based, to art that is illustration based, and how this art is placed on this unique medium that is a tee shirt.

6.) I know so many more emoticons! It wasn't until the Threadless blogs that I knew about O_O O_o :^D -_- ^O^ and many more!

7.) Threadlessers have been my guides to the internet. So many funny videos and pictures have been found via Threadless blogs. The WAT?! blog will cheer me up any day. Or at least make me confused.

8.) I have been able to share personal feelings with the Threadless community that I haven't shared with anyone else. I haven't really been able to effectively communicate deep emotions and complicated situations with people in person. I kind of hide my emotions from people and let them build up. Sometimes I am alone at my computer and I type up a Threadless blog just to have an outlet to get what I am feeling out into words. The community has been incredibly supportive no matter the situation. I am extremely grateful for this.

9.) I have gotten great advice from Threadlessers. Whether it be which shirt to buy, how to make a girl like me, how to deal with death, how to do my homework, what movie to watch or whatever, Threadlessers are super helpful. The people that make up the community are so diverse in backgrounds, but come together in the most wonderful ways.

10.) Threadless makes me happy. This includes all the previous 9 things I have listed, as well as many things beyond this list. If Threadless were not in my life, I would not be as happy as I am. The interaction with Threadless people in the blogs, on twitter, on facebook, in bacontaco, and in real life have been nothing but wonderful. I consider Threadlessers great friends. I am super excited to meet many of them in September at the Threadless meet up!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog :) Now that I feel it has the sufficient number of comments I can write another one, haha. I liked your blog, i didn't know how much you loved threadless, i mean obviously i did, but not this much. Cool beans. (insert hot rod scene here)

Dana said...

ps that guy in the shark shirt is my favorite threadless model. or maybe he's an artist too? i just feel like we would be friends. well if hes at the threadless convention, get a picture with him, ok? ok thanks.