Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pre-Finals Surge...of procrastination

Well today wrapped up the semester in terms of class periods. All that really remains is tests, tests, and tests. Oh joy.

I am now taking the time between classes and finals to distract myself as much as possible from studying. I just don't want to get fed up with studying right before I actually take the test. That would suck, right? Great rationalization...(sarcasm).

To fill most of this procrastination time I have been spending a lot of time on www.threadless.com. For those that are unaware, threadless is an awesome website. Basically, it is a funny/artsy/everything-else-that-is-good t-shirt site that makes it's products based on submissions from the public. I have been aware of this site for quite some time, but it wasn't until now that I have very little actual free time that I decided to spend a lot of time scoring design submissions and even trying my own luck. I think this might have something to do with me realizing that if threadless desides to print your design on a shirt, you get $2,000, plus a $500 store credit! I REALLY want to get one of my designs printed.

In addition to making bank from getting printed, I think it would be just as cool, if not cooler, to say that I designed a threadless tee. It's like a validation on one's creativity or humor or artistic ability. That would be so awesome. I think if I got a threadless tee printed, I would get a facial tattoo of the threadless logo.

Last night I finally started making my first design.

Here it is
http://www.threadless.com/critique/32909/Snow_Panda

I realized that I need to get some better software, because that simple thing took sooooooo long to do. I think a lot of people use illustrator or maybe photoshop. I think they have those on campus, so maybe I can procrastinate what I have to do next semester and make some better designs next semester.

Also, if you have any design ideas or if you are way good on some photo editing program and would like to collaborate, let me know~! :)

Matt

No comments: