Wednesday, March 4, 2009

In the Lib

I'm just sitting the Library about to submit my online physics homework when I made an interesting observation. I made a quick lap of the open access computer lab in the No SHHH! zone, or as I like to call it "the Nosh", and observed what people were doing on their computers. This may be an invasion of their privacy, but I don't care. I didn't read anything personal or anything.

This is the breakdown:

50% on facebook
-50% of these are just browsing photos with a bored face on.
-40% of these are using facebook chat.
-10% are writing on people's walls

4% are reading anime online. WHAT THE HECK? I think anime may be the destruction of the human race. However, this doesn't include pokemon, one of the best things ever.

10% are just checking their emails

2% are sleeping in front of their blank word document (even though people are waiting for a computer).

8% are reading an online article for entertainment reasons
-37.5% of these are on ESPN
-50% are on a news website
*75% are on Fox News which is "Fair and Balanced" Sure...
*25% are on CNN
-12.5% are on yahoo articles

25% are actually doing homework
-50% are writing a paper of some sort
-25% are studying a power point
-20% are taking a quiz/test on blackboard
-5% are making flashcards

1% is writing on their blog. :)

(percentages are approximate)

What do you do in the open access labs?

1 comment:

Kellee Marie Cook said...

"anime is the destruction of the world" so funny and so true. I am glad you didn't count pokemon in there. For the record i probably do all of the above, and all at once. There's usually at least like 5 tabs on my computer and I am going back and forth to each one. I call it multi tasking in a media world.