Friday, August 22, 2008

ChaCha

On my birthday I was riding towards downtown when we realized that we didn't know where we wanted to go. Someone suggested Metro Pizza, I think it was Amy. However, none of us had been to Metro Pizza. Lauren says we should text ChaCha. That was the first time I had heard about ChaCha.

Two days later I had to work at the Clackamas County Fair at the Vector Control booth. I handed out mosquito information and paraphernalia. It was pretty boring. Soooo I started texting ChaCha and asking random things. What is your favorite White Stripes song? When does the Fair close? How hot is it? etc etc etc. I did this for pretty much the entire shift at the fair and I think I asked ChaCha about 500 questions. Some of my questions were about the service itself. I found that ChaCha guides get paid to look up people's answers via the internet. They don't have hours and can get paid whenever they want. I was hooked.

I applied that night to become a ChaCha guide. The next day I got approved and went through the performance tests and training. Now I am just waiting for feedback on my training and practice session before I become a full fledged guide. I am excited! I love random information!

If you are unfamiliar with ChaCha, text ChaCha asking about ChaCha. You just phrase a question and text it to 242242 (ChaCha on a touch tone phone) and they will respond shortly. I think it is a great service and soon I will start answering questions.

ChaCha on!

No comments: